How do I stop all these Junk emails ??

• 16 March 2016
  • 2 replies

Keep getting tons of junk emails, don't want to turn spam on as have missed important messages in the past.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello RubyBlue,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

i think  the only way to stop this junk mail is to turn on your Spam filter. I have mine turned on and I always check my Spam for important messages. 

Bit one  approach  is to contact you ISP/email service provider and let them know what is coming through. Many ISPs/email providers now run anti spam software on their servers and look to clear/stop spam at that point.

If that does not pan out then you can try installiing antispam software; there is planty out there that is freeware and works well. If 

Maybe be one of the Forum members here will have an idea how to deal with this! ??
Userlevel 7
Hi RubyBlue

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What Sherry has posted is very true. I personally have tried a number of anti spam apps/spam filters and 
I would be more than happy to oblige by PM if that would help...interestingly enough I have just changed my anti spam solution following some detailed research into options both freeware & paid.

If I might also add that rarely these days is spam handled via the mail client ; in my experience the anti spam (some times call junk filters in email client are usually not worth the title) and the same may well be true for a lot of web mail apps which are used via a browser. Certainly over here in the UK most ISPs try to handle the spam issue on their servers before the emails even reach the customer...with varying degrees of success.

Just my two pennies worth...for what they are worth...:)

Regards, Baldrick