Solved

How do you get task manager to show all tasks?

Userlevel 2
It apparently doesn't show some as my CPU sometimes revs more than is shown under processes. Something revs it every now and then, that I can't see under processes, and I'd like to know what it is.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 24 July 2013, 04:01

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
On XP/Vista/7, there is a checkbox for "Show processes from all users" on the Processes tab that you can check. Could be a system process.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ You can always download Process Explorer from Microsoft but you have to understand the info that is given as it can be a little confusing for new users but again I would just suggest to use Task Manager and do what Jim suggested.

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Thanks Daniel for the link to "Process Explorer". I just downloaded it, nice tool.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You're very Welcome David! This is another one I have Process Hacker and it installs unlike Process Explorer which can run in your user space like Desktop or Download folder.

Daniel

Userlevel 7
New Toys to learn and play with... Thanks Daniel!!!
Userlevel 7
@DavidP wrote:
New Toys to learn and play with... Thanks Daniel!!!
Yea, I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Exploring the Toys. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Only for the one's that know how to read them correctly!

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Process explorer is the one I use when cleaning malware from my boxes manually. It also has the nice option of being able to replace task manager with a single click. And it doesnt need to install too so you can run it from just a exe on the desktop
Userlevel 2
Is there anyway to see all of the programs in the regualr task manager without having to type in an admin password each time? (I never use an admin account if I can avoid it).
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Is there anyway to see all of the programs in the regualr task manager without having to type in an admin password each time? (I never use an admin account if I can avoid it).
No.  Unless you disable User Account Control (Not Reccomended)