How not to get hacked

• 20 December 2013
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello everyone!  This is pretty much all basic material, and a lot of us have it seen before, but it is alway a good idea to take a quick 'refresher course'.  Remember, it may be the season of giving for most of us, but it is also the season in which there are others who work very hard at taking!

To those with lesser amounts of computer and internet experience, there are some good tips here!

Full Article

Among other tips, this article covers: 
  • Safe online surfing habits
  • Passwords
  • What to do if you HAVE been hacked

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Well, what's the fun in that?

Don't drink, don't smoke, don't visit dark areas of the internet, etc. etc. Bah-humbug!
Unknown MySQL server host 'contentdb' (2)
and 
Your Data/Password management account is not yet ready to use, please try back in the next few minutes. If you continue to see this message, please contact customer support 

and finally If you're not redirected within a couple of seconds, please click here  to continue to Passwords.

When I click here, I get a message that says something about this might not be a valid Webroot site.  If I go anyway, I get an error message.  

Contacting Customer Support is a joke.  There is none.  
These errors occur when I try to use the Password Manager.   

Does anyone know how to fix this or how to actually get support for this product if a person is not a computer security expert? 

Thank you. 
Userlevel 7
My reply to Sallmander moved HERE to his standalone post on the issue.