How to get Windows Phone 8.1 today

• 15 April 2014
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
How to get Windows Phone 8.1 today
by Gregg Keizer

Microsoft sets very low developer preview bar; anyone can grab the bits. Computerworld - Microsoft released Windows Phone 8.1 today, and contrary to its label of "Windows Phone Preview for Developers," anyone can upgrade their current Windows Phone 8-powered handset. Registered Windows Phone developers who have previously opted into previews -- Microsoft launched the early-look program last October -- can immediately download the preview onto their smartphones. But Microsoft has set a very low bar for entry to its developers program, making it easy for anyone to obtain the pre-release operating system.

Full Article

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Thanks for the info Mike.:)
Userlevel 7
Got it running on my handset since this time yesterday, its a massive improvement from stock Windows phone 8. Some of the changes are really nice. Only one complaint so far and thats all facebooks fault.
Userlevel 7
@
How do you like the new HomeScreen?
Userlevel 7
Its good, I am most happest about the lock rotation and the seperate volume levels. 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks for the info Mike.:)
You're welcome Amit :D

Cheers,

Mike
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Its good, I am most happest about the lock rotation and the seperate volume levels. 
I see. :)

@ wrote:
You're welcome Amit :D

Cheers,

Mike
:)
Userlevel 7
@
What Start Screen wallpaper do you use? And what are the funniest and weirdest questions you have asked Cortana? I've read that she calls the user "Chief" no matter which name is set. Although it happened so some users, did you find it to be true in your case?