How to Get Your Mac Ready for MacOS Ventura

• 23 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7

If you’re excited about installing macOS Ventura onto your Mac, you certainly are not alone. The official release date for macOS Ventura is Monday, October 24, so whether you’re going to jump right into the software update the moment it’s available, or wait a bit, is entirely up to you. Whichever you choose, you’ll probably want to take a few moments to get your Mac ready for installing macOS Ventura 13.

Let’s take a look at some tips and considerations for installing macOS Ventura.

🍎🍎 Full Article 🍎🍎

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Historically MAC users have updated much sooner than windows users when there’s a new version or update. It will be interesting to see if the MAC Ventura OS causes any issues for users. Thanks for the heads-up and link with instructions for preparing for the update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yep. Manic Monday again! Glad I don’t work on a helpdesk!

Userlevel 7

I don’t have to worry about the update. I’m running a late 2015 iMac and can’t update to macOS Ventura. Reading the Apple Forums they are reporting slow downs running macOS Big Sur or macOS Monterey if you have Fusion Drive. Guess what I have? Fusion Drive. I’ll stay with macOS Catalina. It’s running very well so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t have to worry about the update. I’m running a late 2015 iMac and can’t update to macOS Ventura. Reading the Apple Forums they are reporting slow downs running macOS Big Sur or macOS Monterey if you have Fusion Drive. Guess what I have? Fusion Drive. I’ll stay with macOS Catalina. It’s running very well so far.

Yes. I’ve got a few clients with various specs of Fusion Drive iMacs and they are all stuck on Catalina as the ones I’ve put on big sur or Monterey do struggle.

We have sent clients options of replacing the machine or having the 2 drives removed and an ssd installed. Most iMacs support this and if you get an authorised Apple service centre to do it then they’ll make sure the fans aren’t messed up by the sensors

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Failsafe patching and updates….. always nervous when it comes to the upgrades. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yep. Could be a busy day for me today!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Our only Mac client asked about this last week and has opted to hold off for a while before upgrading. Thanks for the share though, very helpful for the team, cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I updated my main machine to be ready for questions and issues. There was a not a lot of major changes this time, except to system preferences. And so far, I don’t like the new layout, but it’s not a hard change that should cause too many issues. It’s been quiet. In fact, too quiet. Spooky. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I updated my main machine to be ready for questions and issues. There was a not a lot of major changes this time, except to system preferences. And so far, I don’t like the new layout, but it’s not a hard change that should cause too many issues. It’s been quiet. In fact, too quiet. Spooky. 

Spooky? Very seasonal!

have only upgraded a couple of macs so far and haven’t had any issues.

we usually delay upgrades for a few weeks on clients macs to wait and hear how others have got on!