Solved

How to go back to the old Windows theme?

• 8 November 2013
  • 7 replies

Yesterday my computer notified me that the theme was changed to Windows 7 Basic Scheme or something like that. Unfortunately the message went away before I could click on it. Now, I don't know how to switch back to the old theme because the one it switched to is pretty irritating. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like. I don't have any screenshots of the old theme I'm used to, but I'm sure it's the Default theme. Instead of blue at the top of a window you could see the desktop behind it... Anyway, I've tried different things, personalizing the themes, but that only seemed to make things worse. And I rebooted the computer yet I'm still using the new theme.

I would also like to know what I can do to prevent it from changing themes by itself. Hopefully you guys could help with this?

Screenshot of the new theme:
http://imgur.com/C7o8Kgl
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 9 November 2013, 00:57

View original

7 replies

Thanks! That worked for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello when was the last time you ran the Windows Experience Index? Here are some pictures to look at to see if you have the same settings to get Aero back.

HTH,

Daniel

It looks like my Performance Options are set to custom, should I change it to let Windows decide what's best for the computer?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes set it to let Windows decide what's best for the computer!

Daniel

EDIT: To give correct answer.

Okay, I don't have the enable Aero Peek option. I set it to let Windows decide what's best, too. But how will this change the theme exactly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Set everything I posted above then Right Click on your Desktop and choose Personalize and pick the things you want and if you want to use a different BackGround with another picture just Right Click on the Picture and choose Set as Desktop BackGround.

HTH,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear and thanks for the solution tag! :D

Cheers,

Daniel