How to Install macOS Ventura on Mac

• 21 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7

by: Paul Horowitz

Installing MacOS Ventura onto a Mac is pretty simple, but if you’re unfamiliar with the process of installing major system software updates, it may seem a little intimidating to jump into. Not to worry, we’ll walk through the process, and soon you’ll have macOS Ventura 13 running on the Mac in no time.

Before getting started, make sure your Mac is compatible with macOS Ventura 13. Most Macs released within the last few years support the update, including iMac (2017 and newer), MacBook Pro (2017 and newer), MacBook Air (2018 and newer), Mac Pro (2019 and newer), iMac Pro, and Mac Mini (2018 and newer).

Additionally, the Mac needs at least 20GB of free storage available to install the macOS Ventura operating system.

★★ Full Article ★★

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How is this process “a little intimidating”? And it’s been the same step for ages.

All you do is go to system preferences and click a button.

Even using Time Machine is a cinch.

The only intimidating bit is if something goes wrong I guess!

Userlevel 7

How is this process “a little intimidating”? And it’s been the same step for ages.

Sure for us it may be easy but consider the computer illiterate people or the people with their first Mac or the elderly. This article may be of help for them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sure for us it may be easy but consider the computer illiterate people or the people with their first Mac or the elderly. This article may be of help for them.

I understand that and know many elderly and tech phobic users of Macs. Yes, it is useful to have articles like this, but if you are that nervous of using technology then sometimes these articles that can take a while to read and go through can make it even more daunting and speaking to someone is these users only hope.

At least you get pop-up that guide you through upgrading and it is only a couple of clicks.

Good to have options though to be able to search for an article should you need it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I started to write an answer and then I read yours Russel. I would have said almost the same things. And even if something goes wrong, you can boot the recovery partition in 99% of the cases and your back fairly soon. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I started to write an answer and then I read yours Russel. I would have said almost the same things. And even if something goes wrong, you can boot the recovery partition in 99% of the cases and your back fairly soon. 

Indeed. Simples!

im not taking praise away from online articles at all. I use them all the time. Just thought the word ‘intimidating’ was strong for such a basic process. Yes things can go wrong and that can be scary, but the upgrade process itself it pretty easy