How to Mute & Unmute in Zoom on iPhone / iPad / Mac / Android / Windows

• 2 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7

Ever wondered how you could mute and unmute an entire Zoom meeting, not only yourself? Want to know how to mute and unmute just yourself and your own microphone in Zoom? 

If you use Zoom with an iPhone, iPad, or Android, then you’ll find that knowing how to mute and unmute yourself, as well as the entire Zoom conference, are important starting points to mastering your engagement with the Zoom client.

★★ Full Article ★★

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Mute Microphone Automatically When Joining a Zoom Meeting

If you spend a lot of time in and out of Zoom meetings, you may have experienced an awkward situation where someone’s microphone is defaulting to being unmuted when they join a Zoom meeting, and something personal or unprofessional gets broadcast out to the entire meeting. 

To avoid this embarrassing situation yourself, you can toggle a setting in Zoom to automatically mute your microphone upon joining a meeting, which prevents you from having to quickly toggle mute as soon as you join a meeting if you aren’t quite ready to talk, or if you have other stuff going on around you. This is a nice privacy feature that many users will appreciate, particularly if they’ve had an open microphone hiccup in the past.

We’ll cover how to set Zoom to automatically default to muting your microphone whenever joining a Zoom meeting, whether you’re using Zoom on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Android, or Windows.

★★ Full Article ★★

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I think Zoom is great and use it all the time!

Userlevel 7

I used it for my first time last January for a Sleep Doctor appointment. I like it and simple to use.