How to Run Windows 11 on M1 Mac, for Free

Userlevel 7

If you want to run Windows 11 on your M1 Mac, you can now do that, and perhaps best of all, you can run Windows 11 in a virtual machine on the M1 Mac entirely for free. 

We’ll be covering how to install, setup, and run Windows 11 ARM on any Apple Silicon Mac, whether it has an M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max, M1 Ultra, or any other M chip does not matter, it will work just fine thanks to the UTM app.

★★ Full Article ★★

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I run the ARM preview of Windows 11 on Parallels already. But I’ll check out this article to see how to do it for free. Thanks for the post. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the article ProTruck, this will come in handy for a particular client, I didn't realise it could be done for free

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Whilst it will work under Microsofts licencing the device already will need to have an existing licence to use the preview licence.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

*version not license

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m aways unsure though whenever managing to get Windows to run on a Mac for free as to how long it will work before Microsoft/apple stop it working!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is handy, I hadn’t seen this one until today. I assumed this was all done via parallels.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

NGL, I scanned this as “Start FIGHTING” and was quite confused haha

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

NGL, I scanned this as “Start FIGHTING” and was quite confused haha

Lol I didnt even notice and I posted it lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is really helpful to have. We have one client that only buys Macs, but different departments need Windows for specific applications. Great to know Windows will run on Apple silicon.