Solved

How to stop pch.com from slowing down and freezing my computer when playing games on their site?

• 17 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

When playing games on pch.com website (I am hooked on the word games), it slows down my entire computer. Even typing in a search window, it will be seconds between typing each letter. Sometimes it just freezes. I try running a scan, but it doesn’t find whatever it is that is slowing it down. I thought it was Firefox, so switched to Chrome, and at first it didn’t happen, but a day or two later, it started doing it again.

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 17 November 2019, 23:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @mugg9j , Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Badge +1

I figured it out. It was because I was playing with my ad blocker on. I turned it off and then got so sick of all the prescription drug ads, so then I put it back on. I decided to just exit out of the site when it slows things down That seems to have solved it.  

Now I have a new problem lately, not sure why, but scrolling has gone goofy. Sometimes it will scroll in the opposite direction, and other times it will stop scrolling before reaching the bottom of the page, which can be a problem in my job where I have to look at a common sheet that has tabs on the bottom for various subjects. Sometimes I can get around it using arrow keys, but even then sometimes it just stops scrolling. Google Chrome said empty the cache. Tried that, didn’t work.