How to Stop Phone Calls Ringing on iPad

• 5 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7

by: Paul Horowitz

Many iPad users have noticed their iPad rings for incoming phone calls on their iPhone. If you do not have an interest in getting phone calls on your iPad, you can stop the iPad from receiving inbound calls that come in to your iPhone, which will prevent the iPad from ringing.

If you’ve been wondering “why does my iPad ring?” you’re certainly not alone, so let’s get to work in stopping this from happening.

★★ Full Article ★★

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Wow, I love this feature. I’m sitting on the couch with my iPad, and my phone, left in my office up a lot of stairs starts ringing. No problem, I can answer the call on my WiFi only iPad, or even my Mac. You can even initiate an outgoing call from the iPad even if it’s a WiFi only version, as long as you phone is nearby. Why would you want to turn this off? Sigh. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wow, I love this feature. I’m sitting on the couch with my iPad, and my phone, left in my office up a lot of stairs starts ringing. No problem, I can answer the call on my WiFi only iPad, or even my Mac. You can even initiate an outgoing call from the iPad even if it’s a WiFi only version, as long as you phone is nearby. Why would you want to turn this off? Sigh. 

I’m with you there. Love this feature now. I even answer calls on my Apple Watch. It’s very useful. You can also transfer calls between devices so you can answer on one and switch to another

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Oh yea, I forgot I use my watch too.  :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

😃 Always reminds me of knight rider when I do it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

😃 Always reminds me of knight rider when I do it!

Thank you Michael!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

👍🏻