How to Take Macro Photos with iPhone 13 Pro

• 12 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7

The iPhone 13 Pro includes a really great macro photo capability, allowing you to take super close-up macro photos of objects, items, textures, or whatever else you want to snap a macro image of.

Using the macro mode on iPhone camera is pretty easy but you’d be forgiven for not noticing how to activate the feature, since macro is not in the list of swipe accessible camera mode options. Let’s dive in and see how macro camera works on the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max.

★★ Full Article ★★

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Always great to see iOS articles, and this one is one I did know about.

And while I love the idea of a Macro mode, I find the setting to be a bit confusing. If the setting is OFF in Settings, the camera seems to switch to Macro Mode automatically, but does not show the flower. With the setting on, you can override the Macro mode close, up, but why? That just create a blurry image.  What am I missing? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great article and feature. Didn’t know about this one and just had a play. 
As just mentioned, mine was switched off by default and it seemed to auto enable it for me. I think it works better with the macro control setting off than on

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

As just mentioned, mine was switched off by default and it seemed to auto enable it for me. I think it works better with the macro control setting off than on

I would have to agree. The setting seems useless almost. I can’t think I of a time I would want a blury closeup. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad it’s not just me thinking that then! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I would have to agree. The setting seems useless almost. I can’t think I of a time I would want a blury closeup. 

Interesting. My wife has the iPhone 12 Pro and the macro setting works really well for her. She’s more into photography than I am and likes to use it for close-ups of her garden. Or someone else’s better maintained garden! lol