How to Use Live Text with Images on iPhone & iPad

• 14 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7

One of the most exciting features for iPhone and iPad with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 is Live Text. Live Text is kind of like OCR (Optical Character Recognition) but for your images, and it allows you to grab text content from photos, whether it’s a screenshot, or a picture of a handwritten note.

Apple understands that people store a lot of information in the form of image files on their phones. This includes photos of documents, notes, important files, screenshots, and whatnot. Live Text can detect text information from pictures as well as your camera’s preview. Furthermore, you can copy and paste this information wherever you want on your device, just like any regular text.

The best part about Live Text is that it works like magic thanks to the deep neural network technological underpinnings, and you don’t need to go through complicated steps to use it. Let’s take a look at using Live Text on your iPhone and iPad.

★★ Full Article ★★

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't have a lot of Apple kit, but my wife is a big Apple advocate. Showed her some of your articles as there is a lot of good stuff here she could make use of, thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am an Android man however do have an iPad for travelling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Such a cool feature. Such a shame Apple don’t actively have a way for users to know all this cool stuff

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Funny. I also showed this to my wife, who is a big apple fan. She is pretty excited about this one!