How to Use Your Mac Keyboard to for More Precise Brightness, Volume Adjustments

• 10 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7

Your Mac probably has a top row of function keys, and you’re probably familiar with using the volume and brightness controls to adjust the audio and display brightness. However, if you need more precise controls, it’s easy to do so.

⇨⇨ Full Article ⇦⇦

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

This is a great piece of informaiton. I am writing this out just as a reminder. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There are so many keyboard shortcuts. Many of which aren’t easily advertised or known.

I used to run a training course for Apple targeted to mac beginners/switchers which had a whole section on using the keyboard, mouse and trackpad and all their ‘tricks’. I don’t know if I still have the cheat sheets I had, I’ll see if I can find them incase I have any other good ones to share .

Thanks for sharing this

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

There are so many keyboard shortcuts. Many of which aren’t easily advertised or known.

I used to run a training course for Apple targeted to mac beginners/switchers which had a whole section on using the keyboard, mouse and trackpad and all their ‘tricks’. I don’t know if I still have the cheat sheets I had, I’ll see if I can find them incase I have any other good ones to share .

Thanks for sharing this

I agree, and I have also taught Mac classes. I was amazed at how few want to use shortcuts and would rely on menus.  I still sometimes forget a shortcut and have to look at the menu. And for a while, with keyboard shortcuts apps, you could create a whole lot more. Done right, you can actually run a Mac without a mouse!  :-)

Userlevel 7

Thanks for sharing this

I agree, and I have also taught Mac classes. I was amazed at how few want to use shortcuts and would rely on menus.  I still sometimes forget a shortcut and have to look at the menu. And for a while, with keyboard shortcuts apps, you could create a whole lot more. Done right, you can actually run a Mac without a mouse!  :-)

I wish I could always use shortcuts but there are too many to remember. At my age, I’m lucky to remember things I did yesterday, LOL. 🤣🤣 I do use some of them though.

Here’s a good link for Mac Shortcuts: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Indeed. So many but I couldn’t work without many of them.

that’s the main Apple shortcut article page. I think I used to have some that compared windows to Mac which people loved