How Well is Your System Protected?? --Five Simple Test from AMTSO

Userlevel 2

If you want to check whether your Webroot defences are working properly, AMTSO has a series of tests you can perform. These are relatively simple, which will check to see whether your browser, operating system and other software are configured to block malicious and drive-by downloads, and phishing attacks.

I ran the tests on my systems, and Webroot scored 5/5 on every computer.

http://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check.html

119 replies

Userlevel 2
Hubo only want to know of this test is secure the second step of test fails pishing test fails and in pup test webroot fsils perform a full system scan on all hard drives and found infections webroot eliminate them and block some files ibdeleted the quqrintine and want to know of no are remanent infections please help dont know how to put reporta Or screen captures
Userlevel 6
@ I am using the consumer version and have Webroot filtering installed on Chrome and I can access this page. So is it safe or is it supposed to be blocked?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
:DHello:
@BB97 wrote:
@ I am using the consumer version and have Webroot filtering installed on Chrome and I can access this page. So is it safe or is it supposed to be blocked?
Did you try the BrightCloud URL lookup ? @ are you available?
Userlevel 7
Hey everyone!

OK, according to the discussion above, while it is HARMLESS, it was indicated that it should be blocked at this time to be able to test the filtering functions.  Previously, it was noted that it was blocked on the Consumer version but not the Business versions.  Shawn was going to have it looked at, but possibly the required changes were not applied yet.

At this time, I AM able to view the page.  Here is what Brightcloud has to say about it:

So it looks like while it is set for High Risk, the actual analysis shows the REAL data, that it is safe.  I think we need to wait for Shawn or another Webroot employee to look into this again.

Good catch @ !
Userlevel 6
You are much faster than me getting up pictures DAvid! The result I got with my CHrome browser is a 50 MODERATE RISK
What browser did you use?
Userlevel 6
my results were from BrightCloud BTW
Userlevel 7
I was on Chrome, and did the search on http://www.brightcloud.com  Not sure why we got different results.....  Yes.. I really look forward to Monday to see what Shawn has to say
Userlevel 6
BrightCloud reports it as MODERATE RISK, David posted results from the Webroot Reputation which is powered by BrightCloud. Something tells me that the request Shawn sent to them has not been updated.
I'll go with Webroots opinion
Userlevel 7
The image I posted is directly from the URL Lookup on Brightcloud.com  http://www.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php

But yes... I think that you are right in that the changes have not been made.
Userlevel 6
@DavidP1970 wrote:
I was on Chrome, and did the search on www.brightcloud.com  Not sure why we got different results.....  Yes.. I really look forward to Monday to see what Shawn has to say
This is TOO wierd! OK, here is my result with my Chrome browser. I have Webroot Filtering on and also added the Webroot Reputation Toolbar and I have not received any warning! Thank you @  and thanks Sherry for responding so fast!

Userlevel 7
@BB97 wrote:
You are much faster than me getting up pictures DAvid! The result I got with my CHrome browser is a 50 MODERATE RISK
What browser did you use?
I have gotten pretty good at using Snaggit LOL!   🙂
Userlevel 7
@BB97 wrote:
@DavidP1970 wrote:
I was on Chrome, and did the search on www.brightcloud.com  Not sure why we got different results.....  Yes.. I really look forward to Monday to see what Shawn has to say
This is TOO wierd! OK, here is my result with my Chrome browser. I have Webroot Filtering on and also added the Webroot Reputation Toolbar and I have not received any warning! Thank you @  and thanks Sherry for responding so fast!
I do not have the Reputation Toolbar installed.  Since the addition of the browser filter extentions, the Reputation Toolbar has been 'downgraded'.  Also, the Reputation Toolbar does NOT use the same database as the new Filter Extension.  That explains the difference in ratings that we saw I think.

Still... they BOTH need work to get the page blocked correctly LOL!
Userlevel 6
I use snipit, I'm good with it, just dont have it on my takbar. Time to put it there now that I am hanging out here! BTW, I used the exact same url to check, too strange!
Userlevel 7
@BB97 wrote:
I use snipit, I'm good with it, just dont have it on my takbar. Time to put it there now that I am hanging out here! BTW, I used the exact same url to check, too strange!
It is very strange!

I do not usually have Snaggit up and ready to go... I happened to had to grab a couple screen shots for some emails earlier and hadnt turned it off yet LOL!
Userlevel 6
@DavidP1970 wrote:

I do not have the Reputation Toolbar installed.  Since the addition of the browser filter extentions, the Reputation Toolbar has been 'downgraded'.  Also, the Reputation Toolbar does NOT use the same database as the new Filter Extension.  That explains the difference in ratings that we saw I think.

Still... they BOTH need work to get the page blocked correctly LOL!
I just installed it now after seeing the results you posted for comparison. It says  50 SUSPICOUS.
It doesnt explain the difference as I went to the same website as you did with my chrome browser and the results I posted is what I got BEFORE I added the WR toolbar extension ( which I took off already) I have just the Webroot Filtering extention again as I did when I first checked the site with BrightCloud. So, we both should have received the same result.
Userlevel 6
I think I found the difference, looks like your result is for the link to the phshing test. I would not click links, my results are from the link in the original post http://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check.html
I got the same result in Firefox. But I do not get any warnings from the Webroot filtering extension that it is a suspicious site,
Userlevel 7
@BB97 wrote:
I think I found the difference, looks like your result is for the link to the phshing test. I would not click links, my results are from the link in the original post http://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check.html
I got the same result in Firefox. But I do not get any warnings from the Webroot filtering extension that it is a suspicious site,
Awesome checking work, thank you!

Userlevel 6
Uh Oh @ ! Can't seem to get this off my mind so I checked the exact same url as you and guess what? Same URL same browser, different rating. This is also 50 MODERATE.

Userlevel 6
OK, @ , finally got the same rating as you. But I still do not get a warning from Webroot