I have Mackeeper that keeps popping up plus other popups, how can I get this to stop

• 19 November 2014
  • 3 replies

I continue to receive popups from mackeeper and other negative popups, how can I get these to stop

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I continue to receive popups from mackeeper and other negative popups, how can I get these to stop
Hello ritarbean,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Hello I've looked on the Apple Website And I've gathered some information. But I strongly advise you to submit a Support Ticket

Go to  System Preferences /Security& Privacy/ Click  allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers. Can you do this? If you don't know where to go I can send screen shots!

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello,

I'm adding some screen shots for your convinence. Look for System Preferences by the Apple icon located in upper left hand corner or go to the genius bar.

Also go to the Launchpad and Open up Other/Disk Utility

Wait for this to finish checking and then Repair Disk Permissions.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello @ 

I've been told that Mackeeper is a Mac keeper is a pua that acts like a cleaner. It will store itself in the application folder. You can remove it by uninstall process if you don't see it or it keeps popping up then that means it has some sub folders that will need to be removed by support.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you cannot trash this application and I will have Mac Support Tech help you to clear this out of your computer!

Awaiting your response!

Best Regards,