• 14 November 2015
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
I logged in as guest. How do I get the admin log in back

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Builder0101

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are you asking about access to the Forums or access to the online web console or access to the settings in WSA?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Perhaps I am in the wrong forum. I am trying to log in as admin on my PC. I logged in as guest and cna not get back to admin.
Userlevel 7
What version of the OS are you running on your PC?
Userlevel 1
win 8
Userlevel 7
Well, apparently, the local Admin account in Windows 8 is disabled, by default.

Please take a look at this thread from the MS Support Forums which should be of assistance.

If that does not work then please private message me and I can provide some links to other sites which may also help.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
how do I get back to admin from guest account on win 8

EDIT <Post merged as duplicate> Baldrick
Userlevel 1
thanks
Userlevel 7
As I said...I have some other options for you should you need them...just let me know either through posting bakc here or via a PM if yo would like me to send you the links for them.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? did you install the pc yourself or did someone do it for you? By default the real admin account is deactivated on Windows 7 thru 8 & 10. Normally after installing the first account you create should have administrative rights. There are several tools available to resolve your issue but since the nature of those tools may lean to non community approved things like breaking & entry we do not discuss them openly here.

Provide more details and based on that the experts here ( or even me ) may pm you with a possible way out of it.

It also depend on ( assuming it's not a domain joined computer ) how your local security policies are set.
You have a way of requiring a CTRL ALT DEL to be issued before you can enter account details / hide or display the last person that logged in or just display a list of user accounts that can log in on the computer...

I like to set mines up to not display the last logged on person and to require CTRL ALT DEL just the way it's done at work cause i think that's safer. Do you know another logon onto that machine besides the guest login you referred to?

There are tools to go & reset passwords but i need to know more as i'm reluctant to openly discuss them here. Don't want to upset the powers that be here.

Userlevel 7
Edwin, I think that this is what I have been offering Builder0101!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? there are quick & easy way and there are the downright dirty ways. I'll keep monitoring & will jump in if more assistance is required. For Windows 8 you can resort to part of the DART suite called locksmith but those tools are normally only available to certain microsoft  customers and then there are the dirtier ways. I ( out of professional work experience ) have experience with these things. In case i'm absent i've just pm'd something to you.
Userlevel 7
I think that it is simpler than that and I have just PM's Builder0101 the necessary.

Baldrick