Here’s what I came up with and plan to build:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHZ (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)
- Intel 520 Series Solid-State Drive 480 GB SATA 6 Gb/s 2.5-Inch - SSDSC2CW480A3K5 (Reseller Kit)
- Asus Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-Ray Drive (BC-12B1ST)
- EVGA GeForce GTX660 2048MB GDDR5 192-Bit, Dual DVI-D, HDMI, DP and 3-Way SLI Ready GPU Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2660-KR
- Corsair Professional Series AX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (AX850)
- Corsair Obsidian Series Black 550D Mid Tower Computer Case (CC-9011015-WW)
- Silverstone SDP08 3.5 to 2 X 2.5-Inch Bay Converter
I have found the best prices on Amazon (I was amazed at their inventory), although certain products were cheaper on eBay, especially with a winning bid.
All this having been said, if you were to build a computer, what would you build, and why?