Solved

Installation/reinstallation question

• 6 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I already have a subscription to Webroot, however I just purchased Total Tech Support from Best Buy, which includes a subscription to Webroot, with instructions on how to “activate.” Do I need to uninstall the current version of Webroot, then install the new version which was sent to me via email?  Confused.  I don’t want to be at risk of any hacking.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 6 June 2021, 15:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @fmdf60 

Yes you need to install Best Buy’s supported version, it’s basically the same with some minor differences.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE for there installer)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,