Internet Explorer - screen refresh issues?

• 24 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue I keep encountering with Internet Explorer? When I load Internet Explorer 11 it takes a very long time to open the application and then when it's running, it will periodically and frequently freeze momentarily, presenting me with a black screen and lose all functionality such that I'm unable to do anything with it until it restores the screen itself. This happens really frequently i.e. whilst trying to scroll down the page, logging into Yahoo/writing emails etc. I never used to have this problem. I've ensured all windows updates are up to date and run web root scans regularly. On the last web root Run System Analyser i ran it highlighted an issue saying one of my applications may be suffering from a memory leak? Could this be related? Is there an easy way to reinstall Internet Explorer? I used google chrome out of curiosity and i've not encountered the problems that i have with IE (so far). Any advice for fixing this issue please??

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi prometheus

Well, which version of Windows are you using? If WIndows 10 then personally I would ditch IE and use Edge...the latter may not yet have all the bells and whistles of IE but it is heading that way.

Unfortuantely, IE is somewhat odd in that it is an application but also considered a Windows component, as some of its components simply are parts of Windows. Now whilst it would be great to be able to uninstall it completely and then reinstall it from scratch, unfortuantely that is, for the aforementioned reason, not completely possible but one can get very close to that.

So if you would like to try please private message me and I will point you at some help online, that should allow you to do that.

Regards, Baldrick