Thanks
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 21 June 2019, 17:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello,

WSA's Firewall is a Smart Firewall and nothing like a full firewall like ZoneAlarm or what I use is Glasswire. If malware gets on your system then WSA's Firewall will block it from calling out so please have a look at this short Video and userguide: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingFirewallWebShieldProtection/ChangingFirewallWebShieldSettings.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Firewall%2520%252F%2520Web%2520Shield%2520Protection%7C_____2

"The Webroot Firewall monitors data traffic traveling out of your computer by looking for untrusted processes that try to connect to the internet without your knowledge or permission. The Web Shield alerts you to websites that may pose a threat as you browse. By working with the Windows firewall, these features combine to give you inbound and outbound protection against threat activity."

Thanks,
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thanks Daniel

But I need to test its firewall, I need something like metaspoilt to test how good is the firewall from
the outside.

Is there a software or url that can test this out ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
@anthoncom

There's no real way to test it as it's an outbound only firewall. Webroot's firewall looks at program behaviors and how they interact by communicating out if/when a system is infected. Other than that, the windows firewall and whatever you have in your gateway/router/firewall does the rest.

Having a good firewall on the network edge that protects incoming as well as has egress control which many do not. That's what's most important.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Thanks and I will try out Glasswire