LastPass Joins the LogMeIn Family

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It’s a big day here at LastPass. We’re thrilled to announce that we’re joining LogMeIn. As one of the world’s leading SaaS companies, we can’t imagine a better team to align with our values and product-driven mission. With their experience in growing successful brands like join.me, we’re excited to join LogMeIn in delivering the next generation of identity and access management for individuals, teams and companies, with LastPass at the forefront.
When we started LastPass in 2008, we set out on a mission to provide a smart solution to the growing password problem. We aimed to build a product that helped people efficiently manage their passwords, in a way that not only increased their productivity but also improved their security.   

https://blog.lastpass.com/2015/10/lastpass-joins-logmein.html/

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Wow, that is big news!
Userlevel 7
Hopefully this will bring about good things for us 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
This sounds great I must admit! 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
This sounds great I must admit! :D
Only if LogMeIn remains comitted to the software and improving it, working bugs out faster, yet still keeping it affordable.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
This sounds great I must admit! :D
Only if LogMeIn remains comitted to the software and improving it, working bugs out faster, yet still keeping it affordable.  
Yes David! You are so correct ...why didn't I think of that? LOLs
Userlevel 7
Well, we have all seen software takeovers/mergers that sounded promising go quite bad.  Remember years ago Microsoft purchased an AV vendor?  Some people saw it as a great idea, though it would end up killing the 3rd party AV vendors.

Well, we are here on the Webroot Community because Microsoft didn't kill the industry, and Windows has one of the most useless AV programs built into it.

:)
Userlevel 7
I am not so sure...and anyway I though that the Product Development Team were looking to cut LastPass loose and develop their own in-house version of a password manager..or was I dreaming?

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I am not so sure...and anyway I though that the Product Development Team were looking to cut LastPass loose and develop their own in-house version of a password manager..or was I dreaming?

I am not sure, but it might be a good idea to consider it.  I do think, though, that there are currently enough other issues to keep the Dev's busy for a while without adding the task of replacing LastPass at this moment.
Userlevel 7
Indeed, David, but unless I was hallucinating at the time (and it was a year or so back) I distinctly recall a missive from the Developemnt Team or a representative of that august body, saying that the current Password Manager would most likely be replaced in-house, which is one of the reasons that the Password Manager, as we know it, has lagged behind the latest version of LastPass in terms of functionality...at least by my comparison of them side by side?
Userlevel 7
I'm skeptical that the acquisition will bring benefits to all LastPass users. LogMeIn has never supported Windows Phone platform. I hope they don't withdraw the LastPass support in an effort to streamline the efficiency and profitability of LastPass as Windows Phone commands a mere 3% share in the smartphone market.