List of Mac keyboard shortcuts

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi all. I was at a client this week and a few users were seeing me access things really quickly on their Mac and they wanted to know how.

I heavily rely on keyboard shortcuts and some are priceless and little known.

I thought I'd post the link here to Apple’s support article which has a really great summary of them. Hopefully you’ll find something that helps.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201236

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As a non Mac user this is very helpful thank you, shared with the team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad it was of use. I’ve been a Mac user since the 90s and exposed to many of these first hand due to various job roles I’ve had and some are absolute vitals for a tech or end user

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Just bookmarked this! I have been trying to memorize the force quit shortcut for 20 years. Maybe this will help! lol.

Thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh, worth adding, if you are using a non-apple keyboard which was designed for Windows, use the Alt key instead of the Option key and also use the Windows logo key instead of the Command key!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad it was of use. I’ve been a Mac user since the 90s and exposed to many of these first hand due to various job roles I’ve had and some are absolute vitals for a tech or end user

Definitely of use, as I say im not familiar with a lot of mac stuff and tend to end up turning to my old friend google whenever I get asked questions by clients, this will be really helpful thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad to help. Ive been lucky that I worked as an Apple trainer for 13 years and was given plenty of tips and tricks through training I was given and the training I was taught to deliver.

It’s amazing how much is there that people just dont know or use!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

As a non Mac user this is very helpful thank you, shared with the team!

Don’t feel bad. I have been a Mac user for years and still struggle with many of these. Going back and forth between Windows and Mac each day makes it hard to remember the small differences between the two OS’s. Thanks again for sharing @russell.harris 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Oh, worth adding, if you are using a non-apple keyboard which was designed for Windows, use the Alt key instead of the Option key and also use the Windows logo key instead of the Command key!

This is also great info to have. Many would just think they need a special keyboard in order to use the Mac. I am lucky enough to have a dual OS keyboard with all keys marked properly for both operating systems. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Pleased to have helped. 👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have seen this before but its great to share with the community.