MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta 4 Download Released

Userlevel 7

MacOS Catalina is set to include a wide variety of new features, including an ability to use an iPad as a second display with a Mac, notable updates to bundled apps like Photos, Notes, and Reminders, the splitting of iTunes into three separate apps for Music, TV, and Podcasts, a new screen saver, tightened security, and much more.

Full Article

10 replies

Badge
does WSA work with 10.15 catalina? I can't get it to install...
“wsamac.dmg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
I've attempted to reboot and reinstall but same message comes up..
Userlevel 7
Hello @ryandun101 Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

This is an excellent question for our Webroot Employees @LLiddell @TechToc and I will ping them for an answer. They will be in the office on Monday and I also would be very interested in the answer. I don't run any Apple beta software and I don't know if @horseman is running or if he can run OS Catalina. I know that @Ssherjj can't run beta Catalina because of her Mac being old.

HTH,
Dave
…….I don't run any Apple beta software and I don't know if @horseman is running or if he can run OS Catalina. …...

Hi, Dave ( @ProTruckDriver ) I no longer run earlier beta's (being geriatric and lazy - so I normally wait for RC/Gold version) and currently we're in our Beach Hut (Selsey Bill - UK South Coast) with a low 20mbps bandwidth service!

However I'm d/ling to my test volume and hopefully I can upload some results in another day?

In meantime we all should keep advertising for a real "Mac Expert"! rotfl….. 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
We will support it when it exits beta. As for now we do not.
Userlevel 7
Thank you Lara that's what @Ssherjj and I thought because @Wanderingbug made a post that we couldn't find because of the forum software change about Mac beta about 3 years ago. We couldn't remember for sure the right answer. Thank you for confirming that WSA for Mac beta is not supported. ☺️
Thank you Lara that's what @Ssherjj and I thought because @Wanderingbug made a post that we couldn't find because of the forum software change about Mac beta about 3 years ago. …..
? https://community.webroot.com/power-users-65/mac-developer-preview-257748 ? perhaps…...

Always a potential time waste when you have 1 beta (non RC/Gold) but apart from lack of Catalina. installer authentication then wsamacbeta.dmg did eventually manage to run. with 10.22….. by some crude filtering….

As stated previously probably not worth pursuing until Catalina is RC/Gold in 4Q. 😉
Userlevel 7
macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta 5 Download Released

Full Article
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Having Same Problem! Apple Say They Don't Have A FixYou Don't Have A Fix. Every time I do an update, it knock out Webroot. Why ? Not Check before releasing new update for Compatibility . Cause Every A Lot's Of Problems and Waisted Time. My Webroot Prescription is good 4 Two more Yrs. Don't if Their Going To Be a Fix or Not. So What Do Whit My Webroot Prescription ? (Upgraded To OS Catalina")
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Isn't the point of having the public betas is to allow enough lead time for developers to make sure their applications are up to snuff before the OS update comes out? I would have thought that webroot and other antivirus developers would have done the same with Window releases as those are now public betas too.

Why this lack of development focus and even just a basic QA engineer trying to do an upgrade to the beta and seeing that webroot doesn't work on Catalina so a notice could be sent out to users prior to Catalina's release? This is a SQA 101 basic testing.
Badge

Thanks Let me try to download MacOS Catalina v10.15 Beta 4