MacOS Ventura Available to Download Now

Userlevel 7

Apple has released macOS Ventura 13 to all Mac users running eligible hardware.

MacOS Ventura includes a variety of new features and capabilities, including the new Stage Manager multitasking interface, an ability that allows an iPhone to be used as a webcam on the Mac using Continuity Camera, Handoff support for FaceTime calls, the ability to unsend and edit iMessages, the ability to schedule email sending in Mail app as well as unsend emails, Safari Tab Groups, the inclusion of the Weather app, the inclusion of the Clock app, a totally redesigned System Preferences now called System Settings, and more.

🍎🍎 Full Article 🍎🍎

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, our one client that uses Macs exclusively was not happy to hear that they would need to upgrade almost half of their hardware to be able to use this    🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Has anybody downloaded yet? Any thoughts on the new OS?

Userlevel 7

I can’t upgrade to it but my thoughts are they are trying to make the Mac look and work like the iPad. I bought a iMac because I wanted a computer not an iPad. In a way I’m glad I’m staying with macOS Catalina and not upgrading anymore. Damn I wish Steve Jobs was still alive. He would have never let this happen to his baby, The Mac.😡

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, our one client that uses Macs exclusively was not happy to hear that they would need to upgrade almost half of their hardware to be able to use this    🙄

Yep, have a few clients too in the same boat. In fact, I have some clients who can't upgrade past Catalina as they refuse to buy new kit! 😣

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can’t upgrade to it but my thoughts are they are trying to make the Mac look and work like the iPad. I bought a iMac because I wanted a computer not an iPad. In a way I’m glad I’m staying with macOS Catalina and not upgrading anymore. Damn I wish Steve Jobs was still alive. He would have never let this happen to his baby, The Mac.😡

Sadly macOS, iOS and iPadOS have been merging for a while, not just in this release.

I’ve installed Ventura on a few clients and so far no real issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We have installed on a couple of individuals machines at our client, so far, no issue but one was done yesterday and the other this morning so time will tell!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We have installed on a couple of individuals machines at our client, so far, no issue but one was done yesterday and the other this morning so time will tell!!

Your job is done… RUN AWAY!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I have been using it for some time now (was on the Beta) and it is quite solid. Like most computer software companies these days, they feel that any major update needs to have UI changes, and some of them take a bit of getting used to. One feature I discovered on this release, but I believe was also omn the last is what happens when you put to Macs near each other. A single mouse and keyboard can drive either machine. When sitting side by side, sliding the mouse off the screen on one machine makes it appear on the other as if they were the same machine. When you click in the other machine, the keyboard is switched as well.  I have eliminated a keyboard and mouse from my desktop as I have two machines side by side. A very cool feature. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We do have 2 macs in our office, and it will be rolled out there today. :-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have been using it for some time now (was on the Beta) and it is quite solid. Like most computer software companies these days, they feel that any major update needs to have UI changes, and some of them take a bit of getting used to. One feature I discovered on this release, but I believe was also omn the last is what happens when you put to Macs near each other. A single mouse and keyboard can drive either machine. When sitting side by side, sliding the mouse off the screen on one machine makes it appear on the other as if they were the same machine. When you click in the other machine, the keyboard is switched as well.  I have eliminated a keyboard and mouse from my desktop as I have two machines side by side. A very cool feature. 

Oh yes, Universal Control is amazing, support article here for anyone interested : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212757

I’ve done the same with only using 1 keyboard and mouse. Love it! 👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your job is done… RUN AWAY!!!!

An accurate representation

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

THAT is a sick feature. Very impressive!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

installs completed at our office. Monday come play time to “lab” @MajorHavoc  post. Thank you for that. I am seriously going to try that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Enjoy testing, have fun!

Oh, wrong Ventura… 😃