Man treated for Google Glass addiction

• 15 October 2014
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
It has been a while since I have seen an article here related to Google Glass, so I thought it was time to post one.  We have seem them all here, from cool uses to "Glassholes", but I think this is a first.

By Jacque Wilson, CNNupdated 8:59 AM EDT, Wed October 15, 2014 (CNN) -- A man who checked in to the Navy's Substance Abuse and Recovery Program for alcoholism treatment was also treated for a Google Glass addiction, according to a new study.
San Diego doctors say the 31-year-old man "exhibited significant frustration and irritability related to not being able to use his Google Glass." He has a history of substance abuse, depressive disorder, anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder, they say.
The man was using his Google Glass for up to 18 hours a day in the two months leading up to his admission in September 2013, according to the study. He wore it to work and reported feeling more confident in social situations while wearing it. He removed it only to sleep and bathe, according to the study authors.

Full Article

WOW.  What makes me curious is just what his job was.  He was checked into the Navy's substance abuse program... so is he a sailor?  That is actually kind of scary if so.  Though I have to admit the thought of people wandering about public randomly tapping thier temple for a device that isn't there ranges anywhere from worrysome to humorous.   Beam me up Scotty!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!