Mark your calendars for Windows 8.1!

• 14 August 2013
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Blogging Windows Posted on: Aug 14, 2013 by  Brandon LeBlanc

I know a lot of folks are eager to find out when they will be able to get Windows 8.1. I am excited to share that starting at 12:00am on October 18th in New Zealand (that’s 4:00am October 17th in Redmond), Windows 8.1 will begin rolling out worldwide as a free update for consumers on Windows 8 through the Windows Store. Windows 8.1 will also be available at retail and on new devices starting on October 18th by market. So mark your calendars!

Full Article

Will this change your mind about Windows 8.1 and it's future?

TH

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Windows 8.1 could cure cancer, discover a way to generate unlimited clean power and people would still give out about it. Giving out about the new user interface is the cool thing to do in the internet at the moment. Its second to the Kinect hatred that the Xbox one is getting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So I guess your a no right Roy?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
I actually really like it, if I see a Windows RT tablet cheap I`ll pick one up
Userlevel 7
Can't wait.:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I actually really like it, if I see a Windows RT tablet cheap I`ll pick one up
No way get the Surface Pro when I was at the Microsoft Office in May most of the presenters were using Surface Pro attached to the presentation projectors it's an amazing tablet I just wish it had Win 7. LOL
Userlevel 7
Pro is too pricey, I am hoping with the second generation surfaces tablets coming out the 1st gen ones will drop in price by a decent amount
Userlevel 7
Maybe I am in the minority, but I use Windows 8 on my personal and business comuters and have no issues with it.

When it boots up the the Start Screen (Metro) just click the Desktop tile or the Windows key on the keyboard and you are back to the regular desktop. Want quick access to the common system links such as Control Panel, etc. from the desktop? Easy! Just move the pointer to the lower left corner and right click.

I got 99 problems but Windows 8 ain't one.
Userlevel 7
@

Couldn't agree more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
For me it's not hard to use and I could use it if I really wanted to I just think of the average user and especially new older folks like my neighbour I just told her to get a Android tablet for what she needs. Shh don't tell MS. LOL

Daniel
Userlevel 2
Is this another one of those bazillion dollar OS's? What, $500 this time?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Is this another one of those bazillion dollar OS's? What, $500 this time?
Free Upgrade from Win 8 to Win 8.1.

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Currently running 8.1 in a hyper v vm.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Currently running 8.1 in a hyper v vm.
I also had it in a Clone VM but I deleted it about a week ago. I still don't like it though.

Daniel
Userlevel 5
I concur, while this interface might be fine to new users (who don't know any better) or for tablet users, for everybody else this interface is just counter-intuitive. For business use this is just a big no. So far I've only seen it in use in a single company and even their employees where complaining about it.

At home I'm only using it on my game machine (other machine is running openSUSE), where I'll be sticking with Win 7 until I need to switch or until they create something that's not counter-intuitive.