Media player

• 20 January 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Well hi again

I just was looking around my laptop and it seems windows media player is back.  Icon is even back at bottom of my screen.  Did they decide to put it back ?  Or....did I mesh 7 and 10 somehow .  Anyway all my pictures are there as well as the 3 short videos I had taken.  Strange.  Where is my pencil and paper !!!! I think I am too old for all this.  Self taught is not the easiest way, I'm glad you all are so smart.
Thanks,  Kathy

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi petsitter95

Have you checked via what Edwin or I suggested to try to determine whether you are on Windows 10 or not?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
I did   it says 1511  10586.63
Userlevel 7
Well, try to use the Media Player...I do not see why it would not work as it was the Mdeia Centre that Microsoft dropped from Windows 10.
Userlevel 2
all the information I received said media player would not be in windows 10, that is why I was told to copy pix onto the thumb drive.  Either way it is back on my laptop along with all the pix and so forth. Thanks again
Userlevel 7
Well, if you go here it says:

"Windows Media Player 12 is included in Windows 10.*"

and further here where it says:

"Included in clean installs of Windows 10 as well as upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. DVD playback isn’t included. Go to theDVD playback for Windows page to find out how to add DVD playback to Windows 10."

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 2
Oh no, something else to confuse me !  I don't play dvd's on my laptop, so hopefully it won't be an issue.
I do have another problem with this 10 though, this is the 3rd time the edge start screen froze on my screen.  It would not shut off now would it bring me to the web.  I had to restart the computer.  It is starting to get annoying and frustrating for me.  I do appreciate the help I get from all you smart people !