Microsoft.Net Native Framework Package 1.2.23205.0

• 24 July 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
What is it and what size is it?  Had it forced on me last night on one PC and then another PC this morning.  It used a total of aproximately 8Gb of data for both.  Event viewer shows Windows Update installed it.  Could not stop it even with shutdowns and restarts.  It just continued to install.  Microsoft.com search has no results.  Does not show in Programs and Features.  Anyone know what this is?  And if so, what is the actual size?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
What OS is it? Windows 10?

I'm seeing this, which could be relevant: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/stuck-net-native-framework-package-install/d88d22ad-6bf3-4546-8fa7-a83aa3b2a844?auth=1
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Apologies!  Win10 on all PCs. Webroot finds nothing.  AdwCleaner finds nothing.  JRT finds nothing and it is also not listed in my Windows Update History.  Pcs are running fine though....fingers crossed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
No apologies necessary BlazeTen...let's take a read of the link I edited in...

Seems huge at 8GB??
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
8Gb is for two PCs.  I'm on Hughes.net satelite so both downloads almost used all my allowance.  Just ran Win Update troubleshooter and it finds nothing.  Could this be a precursor to the new upcoming version of Win10..
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Event viewer also shows that the downloads finished.  I never saw a progress bar or even an indication of where it was coming from until I searched Event Viewer.  I read your link and I do not believe it got in a stuck mode......
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I just opened Win Update>Advanced Options and unchecked "Give Me Microsoft Updades With Windows" hoping to prevent a recurrance.  Wonder if this is considered a Microsoft Product versus a Windows Update...
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Reviewed link to Microsoft Answers ?posted and followed all the recomendations posted except the registry changes which were out of my league....to no avail.  What did finally work on both PCs was SFC which found and repaired nearly 2500 files and commited them to repair successfully.  Solved the problem....fingers still crossed.  It was in stuck mode as noted in link.  Crazy...Data lights on both PCs and also Download/Upload/LAN lights now calm from the hours of fury.  Quite costly when you pay for sattelite data  Much thanks to ?...:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello BlazeTen.
Thanks for letting us know how you got on. You never know how it might help someone (hopefully) in the future, and kudos to you on thinking of running the sfc scannow function, a real good idea. And glad that the link I found gave at least some hints or pointers. :D

All's well that ends well. Take care.

Dermot