Microsoft planning a smart watch of its own

• 15 April 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Microsoft is working on designs for a touch-enabled watch device, executives at suppliers said, potentially joining rivals like Apple in working on a new class of computing products.

Read here and here.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Interesting. If it was more like an arm-band, the typing surface would have more range though. Probably like phones, they will start small and grow is my guess.
Userlevel 7
I saw this yesterday. What next? A Blackberry watch? :8
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I saw this yesterday. What next? A Blackberry watch? :8
That would likely look something like one of those multifunction-does-everything-timex-calulator watches with all the buttons it would need to fit the QWERTY keyboard on it!
Userlevel 7
Next will be Smart Pants with thermostat controls and fibers that can slightly change the color of the dress pant (black/tan/navy).
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Next will be Smart Pants with thermostat controls and fibers that can slightly change the color of the dress pant (black/tan/navy).
Since Apple is usually responsible for pioneering the next big thing in tech (saying this as a neutral fan of all tech), we'll call it the iTrouser!
Userlevel 7
@JimM
I hope it does not grow. I wouldn't like if it was of an arm-band type. I like the idea of smart watch very much. It's just your watch. Not that big. And very smart.:)
Userlevel 7
@DavidP
LOL. I couldn't agree more.:D
Userlevel 7
Don't be surprised if the next big thing is smart underwear. You would be able to check emails and join the Community, all while you're in bed.smileylol:
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Since Apple is usually responsible for pioneering the next big thing in tech (saying this as a neutral fan of all tech)
Wished it will continue to be true but I am afraid that after Steve passed away, a well of visions has been pumped. All things which are just about to hit markets were already Steve's ideas. Time will tell us ...