Microsoft recommends you don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update

• 25 April 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Before Microsoft began the Windows 10 Creators Update rollout two weeks ago, I wrote about why users shouldn’t rush to install it.

Today, in a post on the Windows blog, John Cable, Director of Program Management, Windows Servicing and Delivery, says much the same thing, and recommends that users don’t manually install the Creators Update, but rather wait until it’s automatically offered. But why? Because the update is causing problems for users.
Full Article

I updated from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 CU ISO file. No problems) 😃

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I did exactly the same thing Petr and I had no problems either, in fact it has been so good I forgot all about the upgrade.
I updated one PC using an ISO and another using WUA. No problems on either (knock on wood).
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
So far so good for me (knock on wood also) and this is on a laptop that went through all the major update/upgrade paths from Vista :)
A few weeks ago I updated via WUA from Win10 Anniv Edition. But first I took a system image before doing anything.

First 2 times updating failed for some reason so Windows decided to gracefully rolled back.  So on a whim I turned off an antivirus I was testing at the time and tried again.  Successful update this time.

Patrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Same here .

I updated my VM and my laptop to Windows Creator with no issues so far!:D

Thanks for the info Petr!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I did exactly the same thing Petr and I had no problems either, in fact it has been so good I forgot all about the upgrade.
Amen to that...& +1 here! ;)
Userlevel 5
I aviod manual install of anything for the most part.  They are a headache.  I will wait for the automatic upgrade.