Microsoft’s explanation for pushing Windows 10 upgrades raises questions

• 25 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
If you follow tech news sites you may have read pieces already on how Microsoft's Chief Marketing Officer, Chris Capossela explained on the Windows Weekly 497 videocast that the company is aware of that it went too far with pushing Windows 10 upgrades to customer systems.

The press, for the most part at least, saw Capossela's comments on the issue in positive light. You can check out the Softpedia article for instance to get a feel for the vibe Capossela's commenting on pushing Windows 10 upgrades caused.
Full Article

4 replies

Userlevel 7
The 'pusher' label for forcing upgrades on one's [computer] system, can lead to negative viewpoint of such action. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
The 'pusher' label for forcing upgrades on one's [computer] system, can lead to negative viewpoint of such action. ;)
I totally agree Tarnak, and that is what happened with the W10 OS, it did lead to a huge a amount negativity towards MS whether they thought they were doing good or not.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
The 'pusher' label for forcing upgrades on one's [computer] system, can lead to negative viewpoint of such action. ;)
I totally agree Tarnak, and that is what happened with the W10 OS, it did lead to a huge a amount negativity towards MS whether they thought they were doing good or not.
Exactly! Microsoft has pushed me into buying Apple. Never would have bought it if it wasn't for the "Push" with Microsoft. Then again I may have with the great discount I got on the Mac. 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Exactly! Microsoft has pushed me into buying Apple. Never would have bought it if it wasn't for the "Push" with Microsoft. Then again I may have with the great discount I got on the Mac. :D
 It was a choice between getting an Apple Macbook or Microsoft Surface Book, but  In the end I was used to Windows, and didn't want to learn about another operating system.  :)