Microsoft's New Logo

• 24 August 2012
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
"In advance of one of the most significant waves of product launches in Microsoft’s history, today we are unveiling a new logo for the company.
It’s been 25 years since we’ve updated the Microsoft logo and now is the perfect time for a change. This is an incredibly exciting year for Microsoft as we prepare to release new versions of nearly all of our products. From Windows 8 to Windows Phone 8 to Xbox services to the next version of Office, you will see a common look and feel across these products providing a familiar and seamless experience on PCs, phones, tablets and TVs. This wave of new releases is not only a reimagining of our most popular products, but also represents a new era for Microsoft, so our logo should evolve to visually accentuate this new beginning.
The Microsoft brand is about much more than logos or product names. We are lucky to play a role in the lives of more than a billion people every day. The ways people experience our products are our most important “brand impressions”. That’s why the new Microsoft logo takes its inspiration from our product design principles while drawing upon the heritage of our brand values, fonts and colors."

Have a Look

TH

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I love the clean font. (I'm a sucker for fonts...)

It's interesting to see how the Microsoft logo has changed over time. 

(The one from 1980 looks like an 80's heavy metal band logo.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your right Cat alittle like Metallica :D

Daniel
Badge +7
Ah, what a bunch of squares.  :D
Userlevel 7
I personally much prefer this to the previous logo-I never got comfortable with that bold, bulky font. Good job Miscrosoft and thanks for sharing, T.H.
Userlevel 5
I like the style of the new font, but not so keen on the squares.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Reminds me more of a home depot like store then a software powerhouse. LOL