Microsoft Tests New 'Green Screen of Death' on Latest Windows 10 Builds

• 29 December 2016
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52

Windows 10 Insider builds will now feature a Green Screen of Death (GSOD) instead of the classic Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error page we have all become accustomed to.

The change was teased on Twitter by Matthijs Hoekstra, Senior Program Manager for Windows Enterprise Developer Platform, and spotted by a user that goes by the nickname of Chris123NT.

According to Hoekstra, only Windows 10 Insider builds will feature the green error screen, while stable Windows 10 versions will continue to use the classic blue-themed error page.
Full Article

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
http://rs717.pbsrc.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Funny/lolmickey.gif%7Ec200   http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt250/sanibelshellseeker_2009/MISCELLANEOUS/1010125_zpsacd44fa8.gif
Userlevel 7
I don't know why you are laughing, Daniel, it is clear that Remond is trying to make Apple 'green with envy' as this tecnological breakthorough, not to mention having the world's official green PC...LOL :D;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I don't know why you are laughing, Daniel, it is clear that Redmond is trying to make Apple 'green with envy' as this technological breakthrough, not to mention having the world's official green PC...LOL :D;)
Why change it after all these years? It still means Houston we have a problem! LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well if an OP saids they get the Green Screen of Death....then we will know what OS they are running...
Userlevel 7
Got bored, looked for something to change...but WIndows 10 s so 'perfect' ;) that this was all they could think of changing...LOL
Userlevel 7
What's next with Windows, "The Rainbow Screen Of Death"? Btw: Windows, don't steal our spinning beach ball. ROFL

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Got bored, looked for something to change...but WIndows 10 s so 'perfect' ;) that this was all they could think of changing...LOL

Userlevel 7

Well, since error screens tend to make me feel more sick than sad I think green makes pefect sense. :p

Userlevel 6
Thats the perfect color for  the only thing micro$oft likes to cash in from their users : M-O-N-E-Y :p 
Userlevel 7
@Starrchild1976 wrote:
Thats the perfect color for  the only thing micro$oft likes to cash in from their users : M-O-N-E-Y :p 

But what ever do you mean? ;) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
that should be their new logo..