Microsoft to end Windows 10 support on October 14th, 2025

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’d also like to know their logic behind how Windows 11 navigates (or doesn’t in my opinion!)

Describe what you mean by “navigates”, a I am not sure I understand here. 

I mean how they expect the user to navigate around the interface. It’s less intuitive than windows 10

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d also like to know their logic behind how Windows 11 navigates (or doesn’t in my opinion!)

Describe what you mean by “navigates”, a I am not sure I understand here. 

I mean how they expect the user to navigate around the interface. It’s less intuitive than windows 10

Thanks Russel.  I used to have a saying about Microsoft product updates: I spent more time learning how to use them than I do using them. (Same for Adobe BTW). There must be some marketing reasoning that a major upgrade to an app or OS isn’t new unless they make drastic UI changes. I have to winder if the UI designers actually use their own products? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

True. Upgrading an OS always seem like a voyage of discovery with downtime of productivity!

Userlevel 4

Don’t worry as Windows 11 is as popular as Windows Vista was.  Microsoft is likely to release Windows 12 soon and that’s probably Windows 10 + several more features that we don’t need.

Userlevel 4

Some bloke by the name of Bill Gates once said that “640K software is all the memory anybody would ever need on a computer”.  Little did he realise that Windows contains a lot of software that does not even run in 640Kb.