Microsoft wants you to forget Windows 8

• 26 July 2014
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Comment:   In this article Microsoft would like us to forget Windows 8 and move on.

By Gregg KeizerJuly 25, 2014 11:07 AM ET Computerworld - As talk of the next Windows begins to build and some details of what most are calling for now either Windows 9 or Threshold come into focus, it's worthwhile to take a moment to remember Windows 8.
Because Microsoft will want everyone to forget it. And we will.
Unless the Redmond, Wash. technology company radically changes its habits, it will throw Windows 8 down a memory hole even before the successor ships. Just like it made Vista persona non grata in its official messaging in 2009, it will shove Windows 8 so far into the background that we'll need the Hubble telescope to find it.

ComputerWorld/ Full Read Here/ http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9249971/Microsoft_wants_you_to_forget_Windows_8

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Already? Well, once Win 9 is released I'll be glad to forget Win 8.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeppers so will I. Well I never did install on a PC only have 2 on VM's!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 Well I've installed W/8 on my PC just to see what its all about. This OS is on its own Partition and I find myself using W/7 more often.;)

Can't judge the OS without trying it but I'm anxiously awaiting W/9 also..

And TripleHelix what OS don't you run? LOLs:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:

Good one Sherry.
I got W8 because I had to and I use it OK but I have never really settled down with it. I feel almost like everything is hidden away in different parts if that makes any sense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Good one Sherry.
I got W8 because I had to and I use it OK but I have never really settled down with it. I feel almost like everything is hidden away in different parts if that makes any sense.
Thanks the main complaint from users in general, I know we know where they are but for newbies I don't know.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I think that they have to get it right with W9 when it is finally released or the public will be leave them in their droves, they cannot afford to mae another mistake.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I think that they have to get it right with W9 when it is finally released or the public will be leave them in their droves, they cannot afford to mae another mistake.
Sure thing I can't wait till the Beta and put it on a VM give it a good test drive. But there is no date set and they will not confirm.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well I look forward to hearing what your opinion is when it is released.