Microsoft will FINALLY let users pause Windows 10 updates

• 29 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
When Microsoft rolls out the Windows 10 Creators Update in 2017, users will finally be able to do something they’ve been wanting to do since they originally upgraded to Windows 10, pause system updates.

The small, yet important feature, is currently available to try for Windows Insiders who have updated their hardware to Windows 10 build 14997. Insiders can find the option to pause updates within the ‘Windows Update’ page of ‘Settings’ in the ‘Advanced settings’ menu. Once in the ‘Advanced settings’, Windows 10 updates can be paused simply by clicking on the button slider under ‘Pause Updates’.
Full Article

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Petr, thanks for the update.

Not exactly sure as to why one would want to pause WIndows Updates as they have been and are working pretty well on automatic as far as I am concerned since installation of Windows 10...but I suppose that some will want to do so for whatever reason they may have...so a good move by MS, to give users choice.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
A good move but I agree with Baldrick and I cannot imagine a time when I would want to use this feature.
Userlevel 7

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I agree as well...I would not want to stop a Windows update...but it is good to have users choice to do so... I like to watch and make sure I get the updates ..so if one has to leave their computer they can come back to it..that's just me...