Millions knocked offline in US by Time Warner Cable fault

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
27 August 2014

A fault with Time Warner Cable's network left millions of people cut off from the internet in the US.
The firm said the problem affected customers in all 29 of the states in which it offered broadband connections.
The problem started in the early hours of Wednesday morning, which will have limited its effect.
Many of the company's 11.4 million internet subscribers are now back online but others are continuing to report issues.

Full Article

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I wonder if they'll ever give details on what happened?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
In https:///t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Techie/message-id/Time Warner Cable comes back from nationwide Internet outage Nic they are suspecting Human error but are still investigating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah they said something about routine maintenance, but I'd like to see a full post-mortem.  As well as being informative, it ensures that they don't use "routine maintenance error" as a cover for something else.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Ask @ as she has TW! LOL

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Ask @ as she has TW! LOL

Daniel ;)
Hello!
I haven't any details because when I got up this morning I had internet service. It was on the news when I got up and then read the CNN news report of TW.

Sorry guys...no bad news is good news! Hmmmm

Salute':D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Ask @ as she has TW! LOL

Daniel ;)
Hello!
I haven't any details because when I got up this morning I had internet service. It was on the news when I got up and then read the CNN news report of TW.

Well call TW support and get some inside info! LOL

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Ask @ as she has TW! LOL

Daniel ;)
Hello!

Daniel :D
Yes TripleHelix for some reason I knew you'd say that!! Busy and dizzy today by the way. I can call in the morning if you wish!!:p
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea that would be great and thanks! :p

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Yea that would be great and thanks! :p

Alrighty then! Done!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Ask @ as she has TW! LOL

Daniel ;)
Hello!

Yes TripleHelix for some reason I knew you'd say that!! Busy and dizzy today by the way. I can call in the morning if you wish!!:p
HELLO WEBROOTERS!
I called TWC and they didn't say much at the Technical Support desk except that the outage was only for a short time.

They tested my speed to make sure I was ok and that my service wasn't affected. That I've been running online for 21 hrs.with turbo/ home wifi service and that my modem looks good on their end and I did a speed test here: So everything looks good!
So TWC isn't reallyisn't volunteering any added information about the outage..Sorry...

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Looks like they still aren't 100% fixed:
https://twitter.com/TWC_Help/status/505018888954716160

Reports of certain cites that some TWC customers can't get to.