Solved

Mobile Security question/concern

• 16 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
I downloaded the Webroot Secure browser onto my iOS device; when accessing my Webroot accoount online, it is not showing that I have any mobile devices added to the account. I attempt signing in onto my Webroot Secure Web browser Password Management on my iOS device, and the correct login information is not being found,

Can anyone help me out?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 16 February 2019, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi nat.nc

Welcome to the Community Forums.

How long ago did you install the Webroot Secure Browser onto you device? The reason I ask is that it sometimes take a while for the back end (the online account) to synchronise with devices...if indeed one would expect the Secure Browser to appear there.

My guess (as I am not an iOS user) is as it is just a secure browser it does not qualify as a protection 'mechanism' per se when compare to the Mobile Online Security products, and therefore will not appear. In that case there is nothing to worry about...but to get confirmation of this please Open a Support Ticket to check this with the Support Team.

You may also find THIS online resource helpful as a first port of call for any future questions you may have re. the Secure Browser.

The Support Team should also be able to assist with the 'correct login information is not being found' message you are getting when trying to log into the Password Manager. There is and has been for some time an issue with the Password Manager and whilst I am not aware that this has had implications for access via mobile devices it is possible that this is the case, and therefore it is worth checking with Support.

Apologies for not being able to help further on this. Perhaps one of our iOS gurus @Ssherjj or @ProTruckDriver can assist more with this?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and Welcome to the Community Forum nat.nc!

Thank you for the ping @Baldrick .

i also run SecureWeb Browser on my iPad (iOS) and I do find that my iOS is listed in the Online Account Console. Now I'm having issues signing into my Password Manager because I'm just getting a spinning circle and it will not connect to PWM. Therefore there must be something going on in the Webroot Cloud. So I would do as Baldrick has mentioned to Submit a Support Ticket about these issues. I will do the same to see what the issue is. But I do know that the PWM has been an issue for most Webroot users and that the Webroot Developers are working diligently towards a fix. Nevertheless your device should be seen in your Online Account Console as mine does.

Hope this helps somewhat?

Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @nat.nc

If you have Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete then you will see your iOS listed in the Backup & Sync on your Online Account Console. I am sorry that I did not explain this correctly.

Please note since there is no antivirus available for these devices, they will not be listed in the Mobile Security section of the online management account. If you are using the Backup & Sync app, only included in SecureAnywhere Complete subscriptions, then you will see the device listed in the Backups section of the online management account.

Look here for information setting up Back up & Sync (WSA Complete only). Back up & Sync will show in your Account Console once you have fully setup the backup app on your iOS device.