My personal Security Report

• 20 December 2016
  • 41 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
Does anyone know why my Personal Security Report shows that the last scan was 10th December 2016, when scans of my PC are done at least once every day?

41 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Hi Sophia (and Sherry too)
So I did a delete/turn off phone and reload of the recommended app.  Still getting the error on app indicateing the days left in my subscription are 32.

Went in to the Registration and entered the key code associated with lap top (the newer code) and activated.  Still getting the error on app indicateing the days left in my subscription are 32.

So I'm at a loss here. Still waiting on the Technical Support team reply.  I know I can call for support too, but having done that in the past (and everyone is very helpful and generally patient) I am pretty sure they will have me do all the steps you have already graceously guided me through 🙂.   

So I will sit tight until I hear from them on how to proceed.

If I may ask - is this a problem you have seen in the past?  I always try to look through the community for help with a similar problem but I didn't specifically look for this particular issue this time as that wasn't my original issue. And now this problem is covered under my original concern for the security report which has nothing to do with this.  Oh well !

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Jackie,

We are really sorry that you are going through so much to get Webroot to work correctly on your mobile device.

I have not heard of the Webroot Android being so difficult. Usually an uninstall/reinstall fixes most issues.

Thank you for having all the patience and for following all of the instructions handed out to you.

Let's hope the Webroot Support Team can resolve this for you as quickly as possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi Jackie, 

I am sorry this has been so troublesome!!!  

One possibility I can think of is if your keycode subscription time changed recently, the mobile app can have a delay of up to 24 hours to see the updated "days remaining".  It can even be 48 hours if you renewed through Best Buy.  This delay in the mobile app is not affected by reinstalling, scanning or activating the keycode, since it's a delay on the back end.

If you renewed yesterday or today, I would wait to see if it fixes the issue on its own.  Otherwise, check with Support.

Best regards,
Sophia
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Another issue with this app as loaded -  use the webroot secure Web (under Help tab)  and I get the following error:

"A secure connection could not be established to this site.   Would you like to proceed?" Y/N option Selecting N stays on the window, selecting Y you can select a topic. If you open another window get the same message pop up .

I know this is not right/how this is suppose to operate. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Jackie,

On my Android device using SecureWeb I am not getting this error. tapping on the Help page ..very odd that you are..
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Last renewel of subscription was 8/7/2015 approximately when I also had this problem with the mobile app.  As previously stated they were not able to resolve so I was relegated to using the old key code on my phone and a different key code on my laptop/computer.

Can't use the old phone key code as that was what was previously done with issues.Still waiting for support to get back to me
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Good Morning Sophia and (Sherry too)
Just wanted to give you a follow up on my problem with loading the mobile app to my new Motorola Z Play phone.  I went back and forth with Webroot Technical Support. On 1/10/17 AM they determined that they were not able to solve the problem and directed me to contact Webroot Customer Support which I did. The support person (Baron) and I went through multiple iterations of deleting and re-loading the app. He was not able to solve the problem and escalated the issue to the development side (I think that is what he said). He stated that someone would contact me by e-mail once they determine a solution to arrange a time to work through the installation with me. I haven't heard a thing and it has been 3 days.  I'm fairly unhappy at this point as I have a new phone that I want to use but want to have the security loaded before I down-load any more apps or email to my phone.  I plan to call back today to see what's going on but I feel perhaps since I'm the only one with the issue it is low priority. I have had issues every single time I have gotten a new device or re-newed my subscription.  On January 1, I attempted to reloaded the application to my laptop as part of the "solution" to the Personal Security Report via the link provided with instructions. It took multiple attempts to get it loaded properly as I got errors or the directions provided didn't match what actually needed to be performed.

I have been a Webroot customer probably for more than 15 years. I know it's a good product, but this is ridiculous that I can't load an app sucessfully after dozens of tries on a brand new phone.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good Morning Jackie,

Again I am sorry about the hassles that you are going through. My hands are tied because I do not have a solution. Things take time with the development team.  I would think this would be high priority for the simple fact that Webroot isn't working on a new mobile device. Because this could happen to others and a solution must be found. Webroot takes this issues seriously. I wish I had your phone so I could duplicate your issues but I don't. I have never seen such stubbornness in 3 years of being a Webroot volunteer that this has happened to anyone else. So your issues are perplexing to me.

Let's ping  @ to see if she has heard anything from the Developers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi Jackie,

I've been talking with the developers and support to determine the cause of the problem.  Since the issue is keycode-related, I will let our senior support staff to help you with a solution.  I made sure they understood the history of your case and the developer's advice, so you will be in good hands.

Again, I'm so sorry about this!

Best regards,
Sophia
Userlevel 5
Badge +16
This case was just brought to my attention. I sent a message to schedule a conversation about it. Please check your email and respond at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,
Lucas
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
I just responded with the times I'm available for the next week.  
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Sophia
Lucas contacted me this afternoon and was able to finally resolve the issues I have been having with the software app which were related to the primary/secondary key code. He guided me through the process to a satisfactory conclusion.  

I really appreciate all of the help and guidance everyone here on the Community has provided. It's good to know there are so many helpful people to bounce issues off of.

Jackie
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
I am providing this a a final follow up to the issues I am having associated with the instalation of Webroot mobile security on my new phone.

First Issue is with Secure Web Browsing using Webroot Security Complete app: 

While I was able to load the primary software app on my phone (Webroot Security Complete), the secure web feature is not fuctional within the app. The message on the Secure Web Browsing feature under "Security" tab "Secure Web Browsing" select/hit arrow "block known threats" indicates: "This feature is unavailable at this time. Your device is not currently compatible with Webroot Secure Browsing".

Second Issue is with Secure Web Browsing-stand alone app:

Proceeded to then load the stand alone Webroot Secure Web Browser app.  The following error is obtained when accessing the application "a secure connection could not be established to this site. would you like to proceed?" y/n option By selecting n multiple times you remain on the window. By selecting y multiple times, you can select a topic. If you open another window/tab get the same message pop up.

Procede to the search bar type in search item and select from websites available and the same "secure connection" pop up is rec'd. 

In order to open the website you have to select y to the error message "a secure connection could not be established to this site. would you like to proceed?" multiple times.

Opening another tab or attempting to access a new website through the search field results in the same error popping up.

While I can get to a website by selecting Y (multiple times) this obviously is not how the app is suppose to work.

I can go to a known website that ihas been indicated as a "risk" to demonstrate that the security feature within the app functions/is flaged as potentially compromising security (classified as a Risk) - red warning window pops up. 

However, getting to a website by churning through the error pop-ups is not how the stand alone Webroot Secure Web Browser application is suppose to function.

At this time if I want to access the internet through Google independently/Google app its self, the Secure Web feature doesn't work (i.e. there is no warning pop up when accessing the known "risky" website). 

According to the developement team-
The Secure Connection message appears to be something that has come up recently and according to initial development research into the issue appears to be device specific. We are in the process of gathering device information on the occurrence, and will work to resolve it.

I know this is long-winded. I'm attempting for those who don't have the issue to understand what is happening and for those who do to confirm similar.

Apparently there are others experiencing this also.

Just as a reference, I have a Motorola Z Play phone, OS 7.0  and Verizon carrier.  Development Team has all my relevant info.  If others are experiency this it is probably helpful to post but open a ticket as well.

I plan to open this up as a seperate thread under Secure Web Browsing Issues as this has essentially been burried under my initial issue that I was having with Personal Security Report.

Jackie

Userlevel 7
Hello @,

Some of these issues have been resolved in our most recent release on March 23rd, 4.1.0.8032.

Please make sure your app updates and let us know what changes there are!
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Hi JP
I did check since the update. Everything appears to work as intended on my phone app with the exception of blocking the risky site when using Google.  Google Chrome the site is blocked and the stand alone web browser as well.

Security Complete on my tablet (Version 3.7.1.7660) works as intended.

Thanks for checking back!
Userlevel 7
Outstanding!

So glad to hear all but one of the issues is resolved.
My pleasure! 😃