My small Webroot icon that shows the yellow lock has disappeared again

• 13 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
I had this problem once before when there was some sort of bug that caused the Webroot icon that shows the yellow lock when you're on line to disappear from the start up icons when my system is 'waking up' after being turned off for the night.

It was there yesterday and today when I logged on, it wasn't there, though the larger Webroot program icon that I pinned to the bottom taskbar so that I can initiate a manual scan is still in place and it did run the scan.

So, does anyone know if there is some new bug in the system after some sort of update on the daily processes?

I know, it's probably a stupid question, but being such a worrywart and being very visual, if my screen doesn't look like it should, especially when it comes to security icons and such, then I get all bent...

Thank you in advance for your patience!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Try a reboot and if it continues please Submit a Support Ticket so they can look into it!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Hi Teffie,

How are you?

Edit: As TripleHelix has suggested, try a reboot first. If that doesn't help then try what I posted and if you're still not seeing the icon, then please submit a trouble ticket.

Let's see if we can get your system tray icon back.

Please try the  following:

Open Webroot interface. (Start menu/All programs/Webroot)

Then click on Advanced Settings in the upper-right corner.

?

Then uncheck the box for Show system tray icon and click Save. Enter captcha code to proceed.
Then go right back and re-check the same box and click Save. This should restore your icon.

?

Please let us know if this resolves your issue. :)

BD
Userlevel 6
? ?  Thank you both for your suggestions!  I decided to start small and then venture further using your advice and I went to the icon tray in my Windows tray and while it showed that my Webroot icon was supposed to show up and show notifications, the actual icon was missing in that area, so I changed the setting to NOT show it and then restarted.  I then went back in and when I clicked on the little arrow where it says 'show hidden icons' I went back in and toggled that the Webroot icon should show and also show notifications, and when I did that, the Webroot icon was actually visible in the 'hidden' icon portion above that little arrow before I even clicked on it.

So, I went back in and toggled it to show and then did another restart, and badaboom!  It showed up!  AND the little yellow lock shows up when I am on line, so both of you fine gents helped me to figure this problem out!

Thank you!  The members of this community are truly awesome!  Not only your willingness to help someone so backward as I am with tech stuff, but also you patience with my remedial explanations of my problems!

Thank you again for all your patience and help!❤️
Hi Teffie,

You're very welcome. Glad you got it back. We have great teamwork here and we all enjoy helping other users out.

Have a good night, :)
BD