New features in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Anniversary Update

• 7 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Posted by SridharBelide@TWC on August 5, 2016

Given the interest in Microsoft Edge here in the Community I thought that this article would be most helpful, even though some of this has been covered more generally elsewhere before...;)

http://thewindowsclub.thewindowsclubco.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/extensions-for-edge.jpg

"Microsoft Edge is the default web browser in Windows 10 and it has been a year since it got released. It uses EdgeHTML as the web rendering engine and allows us to do more on the web with its built-in Cortana, reading tools and note-taking features. As a whole Microsoft Edge provides more efficient, more secure, faster, productive and more compatible experience to all Windows 10 users. Most awaited features like support for extensions, notifications from websites, pinning tabs and much more got added to Microsoft Edge in the latest Windows 10 version 1607.

New features in Edge browser

With the Windows 10 Anniversary update, apart from adding new features to Microsoft Edge, major improvements like security and power efficiency were also done. Microsoft Edge is said to be the first web browser to score perfect 100% on HTML5Accessibility.com. Without any ado, let us look at new features of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 version 1607."

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Baldrick I may actually give it a good run in a while when things have settled down over here, it will take something good to tempt me from FF though.
Userlevel 7
Hi Jasper, I suspect that there is some way to go before Edge manages to knock FF from its perch in your setup butthe signs are good and it really seems to be one of the lightest browsers out there...but then again if less fucntional at present then that may well change as more functionality comes online. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I am in no rush so by the time I get around to it the browser should be fighting it's way to the top of the leaderboard and that is how we will see how popular it becomes.