NEW LAPTOP BATTERY?

• 21 January 2014
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi everyone,

My Dell laptop is now needing a new battery but I cannot for the life of me find the info that I need to purchase one.  I do have info that I thought would be enough but when I enter these when searching for my particular battery I always get 'no results found' etc.  Using the Dell system info I have:  

battery name                                GK2X60
manufacturer name                    LGC-LGC2.2
type                                                 LION
battery serial number                  27782
designed capacity %                   36
current charge %                          94
current charge                              16.33Wh
full charged capacity                   17.47Wh 
designed capacity voltage          48.84Wh
Voltage                                            12.57 v

Surely out  of all that lot I can get one.  There is a lot more numbers on the battery itself but they're too small to read.
Also can anyone tel me if the download from 'batterycare' is safe and of much use? 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
If your battery is well and truly dead no amount of software is going to bring it back to life. Most DELL`s actually have a battery program built into the laptops BIOS which will try to refresh it but if its really gone then it wont really do much. If the laptop is old its best of to ring DELL and ask for the parts/aftersales team. I used to work for DELL and I know they keep a lot of older stock. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Yeah, thanks for that Rakanisheu, only thing is, Dell tend to charge the earth for their battery's and I don't have that much to fork out!
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
I've just noticed that this discussion can also be accessed via a general search through a browser.  Is there any way I can stop this as I thought that it was only Webroot forum members that have access.  
Userlevel 3
Look for batteries by the brand of anchor, very good and not to expensive, and you should have a part number in the bottom of the battery, it will start with p/n:

go to eBay and look it up, be careful, don't buy used and don't buy battery until you make sure its oem or anchor, only ways you will have about an 80% chance it will work.
Userlevel 6
Yes...I replaced mine recently (Dell) and just Googled (lack of better term) replacement battery for....Dell (model number) and boom...had the info. Saved a lot of money that way.  RR
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
I've been googling too but get an overpowering amount of batteries that's left me totally flumoxed! 😕 Dell site have prices around £109 whereas others as low as £20 for original Dell and unused! Obviously some are rubbish but some a real bargain, I can't differentiate, there's just flamin' too many! 😞
Userlevel 7
Hi Linda

Agree with Rompin...just Google as he has suggested...that usually does the trick. ;)

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Mmm, "I have a plan"....... I'll have a look on Amazon. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Yep, got one! An original Dell £40 Good plan Baldrick, I'm not as thick as I am cabbage looking! LOL Thanks. 😃
Userlevel 7
Hi Linda!  Glad that you found one, and glad we can be of some help outside of WSA questions once in a while too!
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Yeah, thanks a bundle, it's really good to know that there's someone listening and willing to reply to my cries for help ha ha! 😃
Userlevel 7
Hi Linda (I won't call you Loopy...as ah is a gentleman ;))

Glad to hear that you have found what you need...but don't thank me but rather the Big Red Rooster watching out for us all...RR:D

Regards

Baldrick