Nexus 5 quietly appears at Google Play for $349

• 18 October 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Dara Kerr wrote:

http://asset2.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim2/2013/10/17/Screen_Shot_2013-10-17_at_6.43.39_PM_610x289.png

After weeks of rumors about the specs, price, and release date of the upcoming Nexus 5, it appears that Google's new Nexus Android smartphone is being listed on the Google Play store.

The device appears next to the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 along with the caption "Capture the everyday and the epic in fresh new ways." Google lists the price as "starting at $349." However, when the link to the smartphone is clicked on -- the new page doesn't load. And not long after the phone appeared, it was replaced by the older Nexus 4 again.

Read here.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Currently a happy N4 owner and can't wait to get the new model. Used a S4 yesterday and as much as I detect TouchWiz, the 5" screen size was excellent. KitKat looks so nice as well, really impressed with improved launcher, transparent nav bar and at long last - Hangouts / SMS integration! 🙂
Userlevel 6
I am ready to get back into Android. Currently on an iPhone, and while advantageous, it is not my favorite. And it's so small.
Userlevel 7
@
What phone size do you find comfortable?
Userlevel 6
I went from the Galazy S2 to the S3, and loved it. I think the Nexus 5 will fit the size for me. I am on my phone all day and night for work, so its nice to have real estate on the screen and not be squinting.
Userlevel 7
@
You could take a look at Note 3 and Xperia Z Ultra.;)
Userlevel 6
Nah. I want the raw functionality of the Android OS. I loved my S3, but i rooted it almost right away to CM10
Userlevel 7
Oh I see.
I just updated to an S4 and it is simply mindblowing. S Voice (Samsung's own I believe) is accurate, and I barely have to touch my phone now. Even in my pocket I can answer, send messages, set times etc. Not sure the Nexus can do that??

-m.
Userlevel 6
Maybe. We will have to see the full capabilities with KitKat, I personally would love to get the international Galaxy S4 with the octacore. Why? Because why not.