No reset password email from WEBROOT

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
For some reason I can not reset my password using "forgotton password" ... Response is to check email for link but I never recieve an email ...not in my junk or spam folders ... and the e mail address used is active and works.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Happy to hear it! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you @diparnell for letting us know! That's great that this was resolved.  😊

Badge +3

Thanks I got this taken care of through Webroot Phone Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hi @diparnell , 

Can you private message me the email address in question? Support might be able to do something over the phone with you since you’re not getting the reset password email. They will need to verify that it’s you though, fyi. 

Let me know in a pm and I will talk with support to see what’s going on. 

Thanks

Thank you Drew for your assistance! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Hi @diparnell , 

Can you private message me the email address in question? Support might be able to do something over the phone with you since you’re not getting the reset password email. They will need to verify that it’s you though, fyi. 

Let me know in a pm and I will talk with support to see what’s going on. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @diparnell ,

Sorry for the inconvenience that Webroot has caused you. Your password reset email should come right away. It usually does for me anyways. i use Outlook/Gmail/.

Let me ping our Community Manager @freydrew to see if he can help you to get this resolved sooner. Drew should be in tomorrow around 10 am (MST).

Hope this helps?

Badge +3

Thank you Retire now.  I use AT&T email also.  I have checked all the others folders as well, but still nothing.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

sorry diparnell to say but I am not sure I ever got this sorted out.  I never got an email from them with a reset.  With some luck I finally recalled my pass word (which since that time I wrote it down).  The issue was some how WEBROOT does not receive my request thus they do not respond.  If they did their email does not make to the AT&T server (which host my e mail account).  Reset e mail are fast and automatic so you should get it quickly.  Make sure you check you spam and junk mail folders.  In my case I use outlook so I need to check that folder and then I need to log into the AT&T (Yahoo Mail Service) and check my spam folder there. 

LLiddell had sent me a private message( see above) but I did not find note that to recall if that had helpful information.

Good luck

Badge +3

I am having the same problem.  I do not recieve the email after using the forgot my password. I have submitted a ticket for support.  How long should it take to get a response after submitting a ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Sent you a private message.
Userlevel 7
I'm going to ping our Forum Administrator @LLiddell Maybe she can look at your account by way of your keycode and solve this problem.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks for the suggestion ,,, but this is my "CATCH22" problem ... The input for a support ticket ask me for my password - which I do not remember! When I ask forgot Passord I never get an email response to help reset it.

I tried calling Best BUY Geek squad but they went as far as they could and directed back to the WEBROOT website to work directly with them. Geek Team did not see anything with my PC setup to block an email from WEBROOT.

do u know if there is a phone number to call?
Userlevel 7
Hello @Retire now , Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.☺️

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.