Nvidia surprise launches the 12GB GeForce Titan X, 'the most advanced GPU ever'

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
http://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2015/03/titan-x-100571521-large.png

Nvidia chief executive Jen-Hsun Huang strolled on stage at a Game Developer Conference presentation from Epic Games, casually announced the new flagship GeForce Titan X graphics card, autographed it, and left.
So that happened.

After spending the better part of two hours launching its Nvidia Shield gaming set-top box/console on Tuesday night, Huang took everyone by surprise when he launched the Titan X on Wednesday morning. 
“We have launched the most advanced GPU ever but and [given] the first one to Tim Sweeney,” the founder of Epic Games, Huang said on stage. After announcing the Titan X and some of its specs, Huang autographed the massive GPU module with a flourish—“To Tim, with love, Jen-Hsun” waved goodbye, and left.

The Titan X is apparently anything but vaporware; Huang said that it “will power GDC 2015,” and that showgoers would see “some amazing demonstrations this week”.
“I cherish the hardware and of course we’ll see what it can do,” Sweeney said.

Full Article

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Wonder how much it will cost 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Wonder how much it will cost :)
More then I can pay for that's for sure!! That's a beaut right there!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
0.0 well guys I think I am going to have to go and get a loan a big one haha .
Userlevel 7
Badge +52

New GeForce GTX Titan X Photos

So currently the EU tech press has landed in Paris where Titan X is demonstrated. The card should launch next week already during the Nvidia GPU developer conference. For more information I suggest you read up on our previous posts, however I have taken some photos.

Read more
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Comprehensive review: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_Titan_X/1.html
Price: $1,000
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Webrooters!

Yes I'll take two please!? 😃
Userlevel 7
To be honest...what is the point...is it twice as good as a card costing half the price...I doubt it.  This is just the usual hype, and I suspect that it would be hard to seea really significant difference between this and a card costing a fraction of the cost.

But them I suppose that Nvidia have to try to earn a crust, eh? ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think it's for people who want to run 4K monitors but want to be able to do so with a single card.  But yeah, Nvidia definitely likes having a "flagship" card to lord over AMD 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I currently have an AMD Radeon R9 200, and I seriously cannot be the only one thinking about getting one :D

Userlevel 7
Yup...I think that you most probably might be...;), at least amongst the folks here...that is.
hmmm sweet, but way over what I actually require. As my current setup does everything I need, I can save the money :)

Sherry, let us know if they make coffee, clean the house etc, then maybe we will all have to reconsider :D

Tc all, Ian
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
hmmm sweet, but way over what I actually require. As my current setup does everything I need, I can save the money :)

Sherry, let us know if they make coffee, clean the house etc, then maybe we will all have to reconsider :D

Tc all, Ian
Hi lan,

That's no fun to "make coffee, clean the house etc,":S

But if I was rich it would be in my computer. I love technology and would be sweet if you could do dual graphics cards, I built my own computer with dual graphics cards and it only cost 200$ for those. It was fun to play games with..many years ago...LOLs:D
Hi Sherry, I was of course joking :)

I have GTX 770 atm which more than meets my requirements. I only play 1 game atm, and that is not optimised for multi core :S

I too love tech, but unlike my wife, I can live without those gadgets that I don't need lol

my best to you, Ian