Official Windows 8.1 Update 1 Download Links Revealed

• 7 March 2014
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Windows 8.1 Update 1 is now available for download, but Microsoft is yet to officially reveal the update, preferring instead to remain tight-lipped and let users get the pack using all sorts of tricks.
It turns out, however, that Redmond itself has published Update 1 on its servers and although the company hasn’t revealed the download links publicly, the guys over at MyDigitalLife forums have spotted them and published them online.
Since Microsoft is serving the downloads, these are most likely the official packages that are expected to be delivered to users in early April via Windows Update. Of course, you are strongly recommended to back up your existing Windows 8.1 installation and only then start downloading.
As you can see for yourselves, Microsoft has also debuted several prerequisites, which means that an existing Windows 8.1 installation needs to be prepared for the new update with the help of several patches. A fully up-to-date Windows 8.1 version is also required, so make sure you install all previous rollups and patches released by Microsoft in the last few months.
Update 1 seems to be available for both x86 and x64 devices, so you can download it no matter your system configuration, just check twice before getting any patch.
Source

9 replies

Userlevel 7
I think that it also stands for a qualification in Managing Vagrant PUGs...know what I mean? ;)

But seriously, having an MVP amongst our ranks, and as PUGMeister...is way cool!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Corey, don't let him pull your leg...it's a Canadian Motorcycle gang that all ride Harley's!:D
HA! 

He could also be part of the Montreal Vespa Posse?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Buddy I'm just part of the Team!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
That's pretty cool Daniel. Very high accomplishment indeed! I am very grateful that you are a part of this community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
No Thanks even us MVP's don't have access to the Downloads links at this time.

Daniel
Hi Daniel, If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is a Microsoft MVP? Did you have to get certified on certain products?
I was nominated buy a fellow MVP in late 2011 and became one on April 1st 2012 and every April 1st I see if I get renewed for the next year also they ask you for many things to see if you Qualify and continue to Qualify to be one every year and there just over 4,000 of us worldwide in many fields. Here is some info: http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/overview.aspx#iwt

So April 1st gives me new meaning every year besides April Fools Day! LOL

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Corey, don't let him pull your leg...it's a Canadian Motorcycle gang that all ride Harley's!:D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Daniel
Hi Daniel, If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is a Microsoft MVP? Did you have to get certified on certain products?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Daniel
Userlevel 7
I just checked out the MDL forum you linked to. How cow those people are going nuts over there! The way people are clamoring to get the update, you would think Microsoft was giving away cash.

Once the get the update, they are going to be bored!