online order accessed

• 10 April 2016
  • 1 reply

I placed an online order. The next day I received an email from someone introducing himself as my "personal rep" from this company. I contacted the company and they told me they NEVER do this. So someone knows I placed an order with this company and got my email info, I'm worried about what other info they got. Any suggestions as to what I should do next. I am watching my credit card info. I would appreciate any helpful info.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi brendakay

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I ask with whom you placed the online order? Was it through via www.webroot.com or another site? If another site then please advise as to which one so we ca look to check it out.

Whilst it would be normal to get an email from Webroot in relation to an online order that should not hvae, as far as I know, included reference to a 'personal rep'. Again, do you have a source email address for the communication received, which should have included details of your subscription keycode plus other instructions about setting up your online account?

If you have any doubts about the authenticity of the transaction and with whom it was placved then I would put a block on the transaction with your credit card company (you can always order again from Webroot once this is all sorted out) whilst you investigate.

Unfortunately Webroot Sales are closed over the weekend but can be contacted from the details on this site, during business hours; I would suggest that you call them about this if you did order online via Webroot.

Awaiting your update on this...to see if we can assist further.

Regards, Baldrick