Opera 12.17 Build 1863

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
It seems all browsers have decided to tackle the biggest heartache of the online world - Heartbleed, the new-found OpenSSL bug! Opera web browser is all set to fight this bug that has caused worry for all internet-based commercial as well as other websites. Opera chose to include its ‘bug-fighting’ feature in its new versions, Opera 12.17.

Full Article

Download:
http://www.opera.com/download/guide/?ver=12.17

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well I jumped back on the Opera wagon this version works great and it Blocks Bad Web Pages but no Website checkmarks for searches as it uses the extensions from Firefox! Cool!

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Hi Daniel

How did you manage that?  My version of Opera just has the standard plugins path. :S

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This is not the Chrome based Opera and I didn't do anything I just Downloaded and Installed and I wondered why I was getting Web Site Blocks with the Web Shield then I found the path led to Firefox Plugins. But no check marks on Searches and no Password Manager.

Do you have Firefox installed?

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
I do indeed have FF installed, but still do not understand how that happen on your rig?

Have to agree this new version of Opera is pretty good...but still not as fat as the latest verison of FF...looks like there is a performance reace on once more.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Try a reinstall of the this version of Opera?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
OK, will give that a try...worth a go.  Cheers

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
That is pretty good if Opera just uses the FF plug-in when you already have FF installed.