Opera Browser Gets a New UI

• 17 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
February 17, 2017  By Catalin Cimpanu

Starting with Opera 44, currently the Developer Edition, Opera will receive a brand new user interface, which includes a few minor changes compared to the existing UI, along with a new major feature, which is Facebook Messenger integration.

The new UI isn't all that different from the current Opera UI, but it's more refined and simplistic, and it certainly does its job, as no browser looks like Opera anymore.

The new UI also includes support for a light and dark theme, which can be activated from the sprocket icon in the top-right corner of the Speed Dial tab.

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
I use Opera occassionally, and have to say that I am not instantly liking this change...but at the endo f the day if the result is a faster, clearer browser then I suppose I will get use to it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Slimjet browser works great for me lately... might wanna give it a try if opera lets you down
Userlevel 6
 it does remind me a bit of the vivaldi browser , which I am not a huge fan of. I am running yandex and brave for some time now ( after being a long chrome and firefox user ) and I must say I am very content with using bioth of them 🙂